10.30.2013

Shorts in the Fall

I never thought that I would wear shorts at the end of October, being used to a cooler Canadian autumn, but alas it has happened!

Shorts and Boots - H&M; Tights - The Bay; Sweater - Calvin Klein; Denim Jacket - Only: Scarf and Bracelet - Gift: Watch - Bulova
Thanks in part to this trend I have been seeing as of late in Paris of wearing tights underneath  shorts, I was more than happy to dig out some nice black dressy shorts and pair them with one of the several pairs of tights I brought with me. If you think about it though, it's not that much different from wearing a skirt with tights. It also reminds me of my childhood which is the last time I wore such an outfit. Instead of dressy shorts and opaque tights, it was knee length denim shorts and my moms pantyhose. Am I right Karina and Emily??



4 comments:

  1. I used to wear shorts and tights a ton last year but for some reason have not busted them out this year yet - but you've inspired me to go dig out my shorts and tights!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...wearing your moms tights. Those were the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the booties with this outfit. Are they suede? I never buy suede as I always feared they would get totally wrecked. Yet another personal fashion change to embrace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are "suede" as in they look like suede but are not really. These are a cheap imitation so if they get wrecked its not that big of a deal. I think that would be your best bet. My bf made a good point the other day by saying "why would anyone make clothes from a material that can't get wet"?

      Delete