7.10.2014

San Sebastian

I'm in the south of France writing about the north of Spain, not too bad! I'm late posting about San Sebastian because I've been a good busy. This picture is to show that it was hot, something that I haven't experienced in Pairs in the last few days 

San Sebastian is in the heart of THE Basque Country. People here are not afraid to remind you that you are not in Spain, you are in Basque Country. At no point did I see a Spanish flag. The city is extremely lively, plus it's right on the ocean, how can you not fall in love with it!



The Basque flag flying proudly.

You can climb up a mountain and have a drink at the top with a great view.

The tapas will remind you that you are still in Spain but here they call them Pinxtos! Usually it's self service, which takes a bit to get used to. Deep fried chorizo wrapped in bacon served between a baguette anyone?


Here is another thing that took a while to get used to. You are suppose to throw your napkin on the floor when you are done. You can tell a place has good pinxtos if there are a lot of napkins on the ground (or that it is a terrible place that rarely cleans their floor).

Being in a city by the beach makes me happy, but also sad that I'm moving back to a city that is thousands of kilometres away from the ocean :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment