4.15.2013

The Midi Dress

I only recently discovered that 'Midi Dress' is the official term for dresses that finish somewhere between the bottom of the kneecap and the bottom of the calf. Regardless of what they are called though, I am really digging them for work!

(Photos by Yonne Ho)
Dress - French Connection (Winners); Blazer - H&M; Belt - Fossil (The Bay); Shoes - Franco Sarto (The Bay); Necklace and black/gold bangles - The Bay; Yellow bangles - Holt Renfrew; Watch - Michael Kors; Rings - gifted and Aldo
Not to be confused with the 'Mini Dress', these longer hemmed dresses are ideal for the office as they are classy and versatile. If they are on the more snug side, like the one i'm wearing, I would suggest pairing them with a structured blazer or cardigan. I've worn this dress with a black blazer to work but think that it looks much better paired with a coloured top.  I also especially love the grey and pink colour combination.  Be careful with horizontal stripes though, as they have a bad rep for making women look wider (I'm not completely sure I agree with it though).  I completed the outfit with a neutral belt cinched at the smallest part of the waist and some neutral pumps.  

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment